By using or any action and transaction through the HARIBON® Foundation ("HARIBON®") website and its entirety ("Site") or through its verified affiliates and channels, you ("User") confirm that you have read, agree with, and accept all of the Terms and Conditions ("Terms"), which include those expressly set out below and those incorporated by reference.
As you read these Terms, please access and read the information contained in the other website pages, sections, agreements, and other communication materials, as they may contain further terms that apply to you.
Use of the Site
- You agree to comply at all times with these Terms and all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations.
- If your browser does not accept our cookies, you understand that you cannot access certain parts of the Site. You agree to comply with HARIBON®'s security verification process.
- You shall not transfer, sell or disclose your HARIBON® Site account credentials (email address, password, and contact number), e-card codes, and e-certificate codes to another party.
- While HARIBON® will exert reasonable efforts to maintain up-to-date information on the Site, You understand that HARIBON® gives no guarantee on the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any information found on the Site.
- You acknowledge that HARIBON® does not warrant that this Site will always be accessible, uninterrupted, timely, error-free, or free from computer viruses or other invasive or damaging code or that this website will not be affected by any inability to obtain or shortage of necessary materials, equipment facilities, power or telecommunications, lack of telecommunications equipment or facilities and failure of information technology or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
- You understand that HARIBON® reserves the right to terminate or suspend access to the Site at any time without assigning any reason. Without limiting other remedies, HARIBON® can limit User's access to the Site, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate User's registration and refuse to provide any services to the User if:
- The User breaches these Terms or the documents it incorporates by reference;
- HARIBON® is unable to verify or authenticate any information the User provides to HARIBON® and its verified affiliates;
- HARIBON® has reason to believe that the User's account may have been compromised; or
- If User conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of HARIBON® Foundation and its verified affiliates.
Trademark Rights and Intellectual Property
Trademark Application No.: 04-2018-014683
- You agree that all files and documents provided by HARIBON® in this Site and in all correspondence, and all proprietary rights in and to all such materials shall remain the sole and exclusive property of HARIBON® unless stated otherwise.
- You understand that you must obtain permission to any use or mention of the HARIBON® name, HARIBON®'s brand and media assets, and any materials directly or indirectly involving HARIBON® personnel, projects, affiliates, and stakeholders.
- All uses of HARIBON® assets and materials featuring HARIBON® personnel, projects, affiliates, and stakeholders shall inure to the benefit of HARIBON® and its partnership with the Partner. You agree that you must not use any files or text in any manner likely to diminish HARIBON®’s image or commercial value.
- HARIBON® reserves the right to review and impose reasonable revisions or corrections to the depiction of HARIBON®, its projects, affiliates, and stakeholders in your materials such as but not limited to written and verbal statements, placement of logos, material design, and accompanying text.
- You agree to abide by any demands by HARIBON® for the immediate take down or recall of any communication materials or products distributed by you or any of your affiliates that incorporates HARIBON® content or material without written consent or approval from HARIBON® prior to its release.
- HARIBON® will notify you in writing should you be caught engaging in unauthorized or incorrect use, reproduction, modification, sale, or distribution of any HARIBON® brand and media assets or materials featuring HARIBON® personnel, projects, affiliates, and stakeholders. Except in grave situations where legal action is necessary, you shall have five (5) business days to take corrective action upon receipt of such notification.
- Any representation to the effect that the content accessible through the Site or other platforms are owned by you or other parties rather than by HARIBON® is strictly prohibited unless agreed upon in writing. All users shall not knowingly use any name, logo, imagery, or statements likely to cause confusion between HARIBON and other entities.
- You agree that you will not contest or assist any party in contesting trademark rights and HARIBON®’s ownership of its logos, badges, and media assets. You shall not challenge either the validity or HARIBON®’s ownership of any trademark rights which incorporate the HARIBON® brand.
- You understand that you shall not attempt to register or own in any country any of the HARIBON® assets available publicly, any domain name incorporating in whole or in part the HARIBON® name or brand, or any name, domain name, keyword, or mark confusingly similar to HARIBON®’s.
Warranties, Liabilities, and Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless HARIBON® Foundation from and against any claims, damages, expenses, and or losses whatsoever caused by or arising out of termination or suspension, arising from or in connection with your access to the Site, and or use of its content, functions, or services.
In no event shall HARIBON® be liable for:
- any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages of any kind, nor for any lost profits or revenues, in connection with or arising out of these Terms, the operation, use or access to the Site, or the provision of the services
- any loss that results from initiatives, activities, statements, and materials which incorporate or are based upon information, materials, or interviews supplied by HARIBON® and third parties;
- any consequential, indirect or economic loss or damage, loss of profits or revenue, loss of savings, interest or production, loss of business or business benefit, loss of reputation or goodwill, loss of data, whether such losses or damages arise in contract or tort;
- any damage caused by requests, revisions, approvals, or delays in communication by either party that may affect the timelines, performance, and quality of services;
- any loss, damage, suspension, and cancellation caused by force majeure, laws, or regulations;
- any fines, penalties, sanctions or compensatory awards imposed by any statutory or regulatory body on the User, or any compensation that the User is required to pay to any third party, including but not limited to its clients or customers, resulting from a failure by the User to comply with its statutory or regulatory obligations.
Representation, and True and Accurate Information
- You certify that all information provided is true, complete, and correct. Any liabilities arising from the use of inaccurate information given by the User shall be shouldered and taken full responsibility of by the User.
- Services in this Site should only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. You represent and warrant to HARIBON® that the User has the right, power, and authority, and of legal age to enter into any agreements or transactions and to perform its obligations set forth.
- If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the business entity into these Terms and agreements.
Charges and Costs
Rates, inclusions, and other figures presented in the Site and are subject to change without prior notice. Unless otherwise stated, all charges are quoted in Philippine Pesos (PHP).
HARIBON® Refund Policy
For donations received through official HARIBON® online payment portals or direct bank deposits, donors may request a refund within fourteen (14) business days from the date of donation given the following conditions:
- The activity has not yet been conducted
- Funds have not yet been released to partner organizations or facilitators
- Materials for the activity have not yet been purchased or released
- Verified proof of payment or donation can be supplied
- Payments are coursed through official HARIBON® payment channels
- A signed letter of request stating the information below is received through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full name
- Donation amount
- Donation type and/or program supported
- Date of donation
- Payment channel used
- Transaction number
- Proof of payment
- Reason for refund request
For refund requests related to donations received under a Letter of Agreement (LOA) or Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), kindly contact a member of our Partnerships Department or send an email to email@example.com
Valid refund requests will be processed by our Finance Department and may take 5-10 working days or more. You will be notified via email when a check is ready for pickup.
Once available, checks can be collected from the HARIBON® Foundation Office at 18 Scout Gandia Street, Barangay Laging Handa, Quezon City every Thursday from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. A valid I.D. must be presented when collecting your check.
Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
HARIBON® Postponement, Rescheduling, and Cancellation Policy
In unforeseen circumstances, HARIBON® may find the need to postpone or cancel activities. In case of postponements, HARIBON® will provide notification via email at the earliest possible time. A new schedule will be provided to you, within two (2) months of the original date.
In cases of cancellation, where postponement is not possible or if the cancellation was due to force majeure, HARIBON® will refund the donated amount within 5-10 working days of the cancellation. The term “force majeure” shall mean acts of God, strikes, lockouts, or other industrial disturbances including disputations on the provisions of this Agreement leading to a suspension in the conduct of activities, acts of the public enemy, wars, blockades, insurrection, riots, epidemics, landslides, earthquakes, storms, lightning, floods, civil disturbances, explosions, pandemics, and any other similar events not within the control of either HARIBON® or the partner and which by the exercise of due diligence neither party is able to overcome.
Should you wish to postpone your activity, outside of reasons of force majeure, please notify a member of the partnerships team or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest possible time. HARIBON® will accommodate postponements so long as the new activity date is within six (6) months of the original activity date. Rates may be subject to change and are dependent on the prevailing rate during the final activity date.
Should you wish to cancel your participation in an activity, cancellations can be accommodated if HARIBON® is informed at least six (6) months prior to the activity date. Please send a letter of request to email@example.com or a member of the partnership team with the following information:
- Your name
- Your activity name
- Your activity date
- Reason for cancellation
Requests for refunds associated with canceled activities will be processed in accordance with HARIBON®’s Refund Policy.
HARIBON® Donation E-cards and E-certificates
Donors may claim e-cards or e-certificates (“tokens”) from HARIBON® upon successful and confirmed General Donation and Forests for Life Movement donation. The type and number of tokens you are entitled to receive depends on your donation amount, donation type, and the token you have selected on the donation form or partnership agreement with HARIBON®.
For e-certificates, only one (1) e-certificate will only be issued per transaction or donation form submitted. If you wish to receive multiple e-certificates, make another donation.
For General Donation e-cards, only one (1) e-card per transaction can be claimed. If you wish to receive multiple e-cards, make another General Donation.
For Forests for Life Movement e-cards, one (1) e-card per seedling can be claimed. If you have donated multiple seedlings, you will receive the same amount of unique codes.
Only successful General Donations and Forests for Life Movement donations will receive a confirmation email with the unique codes required to download the tokens from HARIBON®’s token page and generator. All codes are valid for one-time use only, with the redemption status of each visible on the back-end of the Site. It is the User’s responsibility to safekeep and monitor the use of the codes received.
If you have selected “None” when asked to choose your token in the donation form, you agree to forfeit your free tokens and will not receive any codes. The tokens cannot be exchanged for another type of token.
Membership donations do not come with an e-card. However, Membership e-certificates may be downloaded through the HARIBON® Members portal. Simply log in to your account and download. No unique codes required.
E-cards may be personalized by the User. However, e-card design or information may no longer be edited once downloaded. E-certificates have fixed designs and will automatically retrieve and show the donor’s name on the submitted donation or membership form.
By using the token generator from the Site, you understand and agree that the views expressed on the e-cards generated on the Site are your own and do not necessarily reflect the views of HARIBON® Foundation or any of its employees, affiliates, or partners.
You also understand and agree to not use e-cards generated from the Site for any ill-intended purpose, and confirm that the message you wrote on the said e-cards do not contain any language that is hateful, discriminatory, or offensive.
You release HARIBON® Foundation from any and all liabilities arising from the use and receipt of tokens generated from the Site.